Wednesday, December 24, 2008

THINK PINK AT CHRISTMAS!!


Ok - so I know you are thinking - think PINK??? At Christmas??? Green, red, silver, gold and the occasional blue - but PINK??? That's what I decided to do this year for one of my Christmas trees. I know that it's not for everyone but it just seemed fitting this year that I have a pink tree.


The tree is in my bedroom and honestly I had a great time shopping for pink ornaments. Cindy gave me the first ones - a pink flamingo and a pink boa. FUN!! I also used the "jewelry" and crown that Sarah brought for me to wear in The Race for the Cure. In fact - the crown is at the top of the tree. The little shoes we wore around our neck look great, too. I found more boas (imagine that - ha ha) and all in all I think the tree looks wonderful!! One special ornament is one that my cousin Deborah sent. Her Mom - my aunt - made it several years ago for a Victorian tree - it's a little pink Victorian dress and looks special on the tree. Thanks Deborah for sharing that ornament with me.



This time last year was not a great time - I had just learned that I had breast cancer and needless to say was in a bit of a shock. I remember not being able to sleep or eat and could not sit down - had to constantly keep moving. Didn't decorate any for Christmas - no trees, no lights. The only thing I did get down from the attic were our stockings. Just wasn't in the mood. It's different now because after going through the last year and everything involved in it - I can say I am cancer free!!! Soooooooooo this year I have put up FOUR trees !! ha ha I have definately enjoyed the trees this year - even the one on the porch that has fallen over TWICE from the wind. Mike tied it to a post after the last time and I don't think it's going anywhere now - unless the porch comes down too.

So everybody - think PINK - maybe you don't want to put up a tree totally in pink but perhaps put one little ornament on the tree that is pink and when you look at it - remember all the women who have gone through what I have this past year and pray for their complete recovery!! Let them be able to say - like me - I'M CANCER FREE!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Crown on the top.

Pink Flamingo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were doing a pink tree. That was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to be from me, Libby. I clicked the publish comment button before I even wrote my name.....duh.

Diane said...

Love the PINK tree! Pink is now my favorite color! I have a cute pink purse with the pink ribbon ornament on my tree and it is one of my favs! Glad you are doing so well.

And yes, isn't it great to feel the wind blowing your hair!