Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vacation!!




Ok - I know - it's been a LONG time since I put a post on here but . . . . . . . . . I have no excuses other than I've been busy. Have wanted to say something about our wonderful vacation in January so here goes:


In January '08 we were scheduled to visit St. Lucia with friends - our 4th year in a row - it was iffy if we would be able to go because the doctors hadn't decided what my treatment plan would be and when it would begin. As it worked out - we were able to go and begin treatments the day after we returned. It was a wonderful trip - got some much needed rest and it was very sad leaving because in the back of my mind I wondered if we would ever be back. I was scared to death it was going to be our last vacation.


A year passed - chemo, mastectomy and then radiation - I made it through everything and suddently we're asking outselves - are we going back?? The answer was YES!! This time it was with a different attitude - I had gotten through breast cancer treatment - had survived it and the doctors were saying "YOU ARE CANCER FREE"!!


Upon arriving our driver picked us up - (Moses) and drove us to Villa Beach - when we walked into our cottage - there - hanging over the door were pink balloons and a banner that said "You are a Survivor" Welcome Home!! Needless to say - there were MANY tears and hugs. Such wonderful people there. They had kept up with me all through the year - watching my progress with much interest. We truly felt like we had returned home.


Our time there passed quickly - wish we could have stayed longer - but we'll be back - this time i KNOW IT!!










2 comments:

erin said...

What great pictures! You look so happy. It's so awesome that the people there kept up with you and care!

The Moseley Family said...

i just love that picture of you and Mike! so glad you were able to go and celebrate this time around.